Antonios Sochos museum

A very special exhibition is that of Antonios Sochos (Ysternia 1888-1975), who was professor in the School of Fine Arts and member of the Academy of Athens. His 16 sculptures, donated by himself to the Holy Foundation in 1966, made mostly of plaster and wood, but also of clay and marble, cover the entire period of his sculpture creativeness.

Combining the Greek tradition with modern European trends and drawing upon the archaic sculpture, folk art and primal abstraction, he created a personal style.

From 1949 onwards he worked, almost exclusively, carving on logs of eucalyptus wood.